Saturday 28 September 2013

Photo Shoot - unedited

I had a photo shoot last night with Grant Mcavoy/Image Werx. Usually I just see the final best images once their touched up a week of so later. I always think.. That's a great photo but I don't really look like that. 

This time we simply downloaded the pictures directly from the camera to my laptop (which photographers usually don't do) and I got to see me.. Just me, as is, sans photo shop. 

And I was pretty delighted with what I saw. 

It's terrible how hard we can be on ourselves. The image I have of myself in my head and the images captured on film are so different. 
And I wonder why? 
I guess because there's so many pics of me photo shopped, or edited via Instagram or some other alteration made that I just got skeptical and stated to believe I was a mess and needed every image touched up. 

Sigh. I'm pretty hard on myself in my own mind. And after seeing the raw images from last nights shoot, I realized that the negativity I put myself thru has been unnecessary.

I'm ok. And I should probably start telling myself that. 





No comments:

Post a Comment