Tuesday 2 April 2013

The hottest part of my night

Tonight I held my own hand and took myself out on a date.
I had a picnic on the sea wall and watched the sunset over the lake... I mean ocean.
I took myself back to my place I fumbled with my keys at the door,
not out of nervousness though, cause I knew I was gonna score.
I cuddle up on the couch and watched game of thrones.
But then I realized something, you can't spoon alone.
I dimmed the lights, ok that's a lie,
the last bulb burnt out, they're hard to replace as they're a specialty size.
I lit vanilla scented candles and then, as I'm sure you can predict,
I started a load of laundry and then text a boy, calling him out on his shit.
You see I was ditched the night before, although he says he tried.
If he had tried hard enough, instead of through my fingers he would have slipped between my thighs.
I don't mean to appear easy, I'm sure you know where I'm coming from.
But even on a date with myself, I still couldn't get some.
The washing machine is buzzing, I've got clothes to fold.
Who knew the hottest part of my night would be the delicate load.


Photo taken from Sunset Beach were I watched the sunset...

No comments:

Post a Comment