Thursday 9 May 2013

Having a deaf dog is hilarious!

Having a deaf dog is hilarious! I walk over his sleeping body when I come home. Turn on the TV. And then stare closely at my dog's stomach for signs of breathing. After all,
he is 11, half blind, totally deaf, missing 7 teeth and stiff with arthritis. It's not totally insane for me to assume that my Lil dog is dead every time I come home. As I'm peering at my mutt, I lose my balance and ever so gently tap the old boy as I catch myself. He of course, fell fast asleep at the front door when I left the house and has no idea that I'm home, and he definitely isn't expecting me to be lurking just inches from his face. 
You can imagine how startled he was when he opened his eyes. 
How do you explain to a deaf dog that I only scared the shit out of him cause I care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment