Thursday 2 February 2012

These Immoral Acts...

"Taboo is destroying our civilization. These immoral acts are the reason ALL past civilizations fell."
Gerta is going to the city (Abbotsford) Feb 6th to get Taboo stopped before it destroys us all.

Dearest Gerta,
Trying to stop the Taboo Sex Show from coming to Abbotsford is foolish. Allow love and lust to lurk in the convention center far far away from your children and any narrow minded folks who feel threatened by sexuality. Cause... when it's hidden, and you add shame to sex (which I guarantee even your mama had) people seek it out secretly and that increases the risk of mishaps. (such as explaining to the emergency room why there's a toy car stuck in your bottom) This convention busts the adult stigma wide open creating a safe, friendly, welcoming, environment for people who want to, to be informed, educated and entertained.
-Mistress of the Main Stage
Samantha Mack


THE FOLLOWING IS THE LETTER POSTED IN THE NEWPAPER FROM GERTA

Letters: Should Taboo Sex Show At Tradex Matter?


Dear Editor. I have been at Council on three occasions when the topic of Tradex expansion came up. On every occasion the clear impression was that the request was a slam dunk.
Tradex really only became significant to me when we began to host a show that degrades our city. I don’t have any illusions about my ability to prevent such bookings in the future, but I will try to have Council consider whether or not Abbotsford has a minimal standard of community values that can be applied to public buildings and spaces.
We have for example ‘good neighbour’ by-laws for noise pollution. We have ‘no smoking’ signs in public parks. Last year a rash of tickets were issued to folk who kept unlicenced vehicles on their own properties, etc. etc.
In my discussions with Dan Stefanson and the Taboo people in Calgary and some of our civic leaders, I have asked the question, “Are there no limits on what you would show in our publicly owned building?” The claim that we can’t get into censorship of any kind fell with a thud when I asked if they would countenance the sexual abuse of children. That met with ‘righteous indignation’ from them on the grounds that,”of course such shows would be prohibited since it was against the law.” But so what? The law can be changed. Svend Robinson, when he was an MP, wanted the age of consent lowered to 12.
Dan asked if I’d attened any of those shows. No I have not. I told him I do not need to steal first to know that stealing is wrong.
Tradex and the land it sits on belongs to me. Tiny little me. It also belongs to thousands of other tiny little people. Perhaps with patience I can rouse enough of those ‘little people’ to see that their opinions matter, and that they can make a difference in this world.
There is only one God who has declared Himself. He has given enough guidance to us about how we ought to live here on earth. The degradation of sex benefits no one, but it certainly victimizes the weak and vulnerable.
I have volunteered at Fraser Valley Institution since it opened. I an really grateful for that because it has been good for me, and I hope those women had their life made slightly easier through my involvement too.
My point here is that taking women to AA, NA, Co-dependency, self-help groups of all kinds has shown me beyond any doubt that sexual abuse early in their lives is THE SINGLE MOST DAMAGING EVENT IN THEIR LIVES.
The claim that the “Taboo, Naughty But Nice” show is all about consenting adults is complete garbage. People who feed their sexual perversions find easy objects for their lust in vulnerable children.
None of those people engaged in the show’s vulgar exhibitionism do so because they enjoy wholesome, vibrant lives. Many folk damaged by sexual abuse so despise themselves they move into destructive life styles. And most hide their shame and their pain in addictions.
So because of the ‘Taboo’ show I began to ask questions about how Tradex is run. That really has been an eye-opener. Tradex is not the fabulous economic boon to Abbotsford that Dan Stefanson says it is. I have read absolutely everything I can find so far. Judy Lewis sent more answers to my FOI’s down to David Neufeld. He had a back operation so got quite behind on the workload. David said he would try to release the documents in time for me to utilize them for my Feb. 6th delegation to Council (that evening) on the Tradex question.
Dan met with Council in the closed session yesterday, but I expect he does meet with them regularly. In any case all my reading shows there is a determination to push ahead with this expansion. One last note: How did the figure of $7.35 million in last October’s council presentation from Dan morph into $15 to $20 million less than two months later?
Is that the classic ploy of asking for an absurd amount so that the lowered amount fills us with such relief we accept the proposal without question?
Sincerely,
Gerda Peachey

1 comment:

  1. What do you expect from somebody named Gerta? haha.

    ReplyDelete